Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Alright, I've GOTTA ask...

...can somebody please tell me the meaning of this? Some guy(#1) told me that some other guy(#2) told him that somebody I know, a girl (#3) is a "stud-ette". Now, #1, #2, and #3 are all folks I know from a professional capacity. Was that comment even appropriate??!! It made ME cringe. Plus, it came up in conversation when we were discussing a strictly professional event where all of us would be meeting and/or collaborating soon.

Guys, is this sort of comment typical/expected of you regardless
of context? ??? If yes, all I have to say is...


.....GROSS.


1 Comments:

At 8:00 AM, Anonymous Dilip Muralidaran said...

If you are referring to an incredibly successful person who is very popular amongst juntha then yes, its quite common for men to refer women this way and vice versa. Its just an objective reference to "get the picture" about describing a person without having to do too much talking/describing the person. The word says it all.

However, if it came up in a conversation that was strictly professional i find it unacceptable unless and until you were discussing that person or her attitude and her way of working in which its necessary to bring in a personal context as well. I would only assume when someone says "stud-ette" it means "she does not take it lying down so don't mess with her and get ur ass focused on work and get it done best".

I do agree though, not really 100% professional about a professional dialogue but then much of professional dialogue is crap nowadays nevertheless!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home